Atlantic Championships 2022
Please note that all tournament rules are set by the Atlantic Technical Forum, not the host, and are subject to review by that body.
- # Players on Game Sheet: Maximum 20
- Match Duration: 2 x 35 mins
- Substitutions: 7 during open play, unlimited at half time, re-entry is allowed
- Coaching Staff: Teams will be allowed a maximum of 5 staff on the bench, all of which must be listed on the tournament credential form.
- Extra Time: No extra time will be played in any match. In the round robin, matches may end in a tie. Should any of the medal games be tied at the end of full time, the match will go directly to penalty kicks, which will commence as per FIFA procedure.
- Tie Breaking Procedure: Following FIFA Rule 18.6 of Competition, in the round robin format, the ranking in each group is determined as follows:
- a) Greatest number of points obtained in all group matches;
- b) Goal difference in all group matches;
- c) Greatest number of goals scored in all group matches.
If two or more teams are equal on the basis of the above three criteria, their rankings shall be determined as follows:
- d) Greatest number of points obtained in the group matches between the teams concerned
- Discipline Policy: The Atlantic Technical Forum has determined the following discipline policy after taking into consideration the principles of respect, fair play, player development, and player showcasing:
- Cautionable Offenses (yellow cards):
- Accumulation of 3 Yellow Cards throughout Round Robin = 1 game Suspension
- Serious Foul Play = 1 Game Suspension
- Violent Conduct = 1 Game Suspension + hearing
- Spitting at an opponent or another person = 1 game suspension + hearing
- Denying an obvious goal scoring opportunity = no suspension
- Offensive, insulting, or abusive language or gestures = 1 game suspension + hearing
2nd caution in the same match = no suspension, but does count as 2 yellows accumulation